Many of us have grocery lists, to-do lists, cleaning lists, and the list goes on 🙂 Hah! Well, today I thought of coming up with a mercy list: A mercy list is a list of daily events that trace all of itself back to God’s Hand and all for His glory. Isn’t that what we desire most as God’s children to glorify the only LORD God who reigns and rules over all things? The list could never be exhaustive due to our own blindness and distractions towards the unfathomable love of our Father who is in Heaven.
2 Corthinians 10: 31 ESV So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Lamentations 3: 22 & 23 ESV The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
So below you will find my MERCY List for Tuesday, March 16, 2010:
1. I woke up today.
2. Besides a mild headache (daylight savings time change, I think), I had no physical ailments.
3. Goodbye wheat and gluten and hello content digestive system!
3. The traffic was at a minimum today.
4. Sober mind: In pray most of the day.
5. Psalm 1:1-3 as my main prayer verse for today.
6. Receiving kind words from others.
7. Being able to apologize to someone for speaking without thinking.
8. Having plenty of healthy foods to eat today.
9. Hearing my mom’s voice on the other line. I praise God her flight both ways was uneventful!
10. Remembering God’s mercy today.
11. Remembering what a foul-sinner I am.
12. Remembering what Jesus completed on the cross for sinners like me.
13. Remembering I can choose Christ and turn from sin.
14. Being able to pray for a sober mind.
15. Loving God more and more.
16. The bills are all paid.
17. I have glasses to see really well.
18. My laundry is all done.
19. Grad class is going well.
20. I have a job that I went to today.
21. I can’t think of a thing I need to buy today.
22. Lillian has a baby boy.
23. Mitchell also:)
24. God is good- more than I will ever begin to know. He is good.
I pray for all of self to die, and that when I am around my friends, family, coworkers, and all people, Christ would be the one they see and desire to glorify! May your Name be lifted up and exalted above all the earth.
In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.